Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bad Judy XC its prob from 1995. Can i buy the internals anymore? I looked into it a couple of years ago and didnt find an answer. I dug out the elastomers and went to ace hardware looking for a quick fix. Basicly its got a spring and some rubber door stops in it. Now that I have been riding more I am looking to rebuilding it or getting something new but I have the cantilever brakes so I am not sure what my options would be.

·
Registered
214 Posts
You can get the White Brothers Speedsprings upgrade together with the White Brothers Hardbody oil cartridge upgrade..that is if you can find a set available. I got mine upgraded to these stuff, they breathe new life back to my Judy but it's still no match for a proper 80 or 100mm FOX float.

Another way would be to get some custom cut springs. You should be able to get some competent metalworker to coil/cut you some springs to fit where the elastomers are, you just have to measure the exact length of the springs. The original hydraulic cartridge can be rebuilt if it hasn't leaked yet (which I seriously doubt)

G

·
I remember a company called england, not sure if thats the right spelling of it, use to make an air cartridge system for the judy's. I am not sure if you can still get these but it might be something to look into.

But in my opinion your running a 10 year old fork and a lot of things have been improved upon since then. I would recomend just upgrading to v-brakes and a new fork at the very least. To do that all you would need is brakes, possibly new levers and a fork of your choice. Might be the better way to go in the long run.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
hippietech suspension can do rebuilds, but it's not really worth it, unless you need to stick with a 1" fork (assuming that's what it is).
If looking for something newer-
you'll need a fork with a max of 80mm travel (judy was 63mm) and canti/v-brake studs & a cable stop built into the fork if you need to use canti's instead of v's.
JonBoy said:
I have a bad Judy XC its prob from 1995. Can i buy the internals anymore? I looked into it a couple of years ago and didnt find an answer. I dug out the elastomers and went to ace hardware looking for a quick fix. Basicly its got a spring and some rubber door stops in it. Now that I have been riding more I am looking to rebuilding it or getting something new but I have the cantilever brakes so I am not sure what my options would be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.