Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently ordered a rebuild kit for my SL... Now I have the issue of acutally rebuilding it. I don't have a Specialized dealer near by... How hard is it to do it yourself?

Does anyone have any how tos on this or documentation?

If not, I'll prob put something together and post it somewhere.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
seek and ye shall find, There are at least five posts that talk about this just in the specialized section. The only bearings that are a challenge are the ones in the bottom rear pivot. There are two bearings with a raised shoulder in-between them. It is tricky to get one of the two out.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
PB Matrix said:
seek and ye shall find, There are at least five posts that talk about this just in the specialized section. The only bearings that are a challenge are the ones in the bottom rear pivot. There are two bearings with a raised shoulder in-between them. It is tricky to get one of the two out.
Yep , its not a bad job, they pop out and press in nicely.
Also like myself and PB always say , --pop your seals out of your new bearings and pack with a good syn grease, makes the bearings last way longer.

You can also get a better grade bearing at a bearing house , and they are better priced :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.