Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After almost 5 years of problems free rides I need to rebuild my Czar 1.1 suspension. Would be grateful for the list of bearings for a complete overall and helpful tips.
Couldn't ask for better bike.
thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Going through the same procedure right now. Here is the list of bearings I found deeper in the forum :

(ENDURO BEARINGS)
2 Rocker Tip Bearings 398 LLU MAX EE 8*19*10mm
2 Seat Tube Bearings 3801 max LLU 12*21*8mm
4 DW Link Bearings 3802 LLU MAX 24*15*7mm

Does anyone have experience with removing the bearings? Those two rocker ones seem easier, i suppose i can remove them with a threaded rod and some spacers, but should i press them in or our or it doesn't matter?

Where i'm lost is the rest of the bearings which sit in the frame and i can't press them from inside, should i use a tool like this? (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqNBbntW_lE ) Or is it possible to hammer them out from the other side of the frame?

Thanks for any feedback, i am new to this high end home maintenance and am quite afraid not to damage my frame.

·
roots, rocks, rhythm
820 Posts
Unfortunately the Turner site had a link on how to take out the Journal bearings that was useful.......but it seem their site is still not working.
It was very helpful when you did it the first time!
I know it helped me.
After that it was easy to do.
I did not look up what tool you were talking about.

·
roots, rocks, rhythm
820 Posts

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
YouTube Bike Teacher is awesome, I started clicking on other Bike Teacher links as he does a great job! Follow Bike Teacher links for V1.1 Czar or any of the carbon frames with bearings. There are a lot of lower cost bearing removers/replacers on the market, so google around, some companies will sell you just the sizes you need instead of a full kit like a shop will need. Of course with some fiddling around in the garage one can figure out a way to do the job with no special tools. But, the precision required in removing / replacing a set of bushings in an old Sultan etc is nothing like installing ball bearings. You do not want to press the bearing in crooked.

DT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts