Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 Specialized Rockhopper that I just brought home from the shop for a tune-up. I noticed the Rebound Adjustment turnkey had come off in the trunk of my car. I put it back on, but it seems to come off with a firm pinch and pull of the fingers, and a minimal amount of shock fluid was present.

1. Should it come off that easily?
2. Is the fluid normal?
3. What can I do to ensure it stays on during a ride?

Obviously, I will be contacting the shop, but I was hoping to get a second opinion in the event the shop tells me it's okay when it really isn't.

Thanks for your help in advance.

·
Registered
266 Posts
It shoudlnt be a problem. It is a Rock Shox fork correct? It should jsut have an O-ring that holds it in place. If it stays on when you bounce the bike around a little, you are fine.

As far as the Oil. If it is a small amount, don't worry about it, its normal. Wipe it up and if it appears again with a significant amount, then it may be a leak.

BTW, be weary of advice given on forums. You can get anyone. Including me.. :skep:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.