Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Unfortunatly my scotts been left untouched for 3 months (yeah, i know im sorry).

Anyway, about a week ago I got redy for a ride and noticed the rebound on the fork was slower that it had been when I last used it. I havnt touched the adjuster since I bought the bike (in Febuary).

So I was wondering if its simply a case of adjusting the rebound adjuster before I go out for a ride or has the oil leaked out because its been stood? I expected it to be the same as when I left it.

(the forks are rock shox darts)

Cheers, Chris

·
squish is good
4,933 Posts
You've got the adjustments, use them!

A dampers performance can vary depending on temperature and quality of fluids. It could also be related to the fluid just being old, damper fluid can decay so to speak over time. Freshening up the fork might not be a bad idea if you can't adjust it to the way you want it.

·
I AM I AM
2,222 Posts
Have you got any kids? The little red knob could be mighty tempting to fiddle with when daddy's not looking.

Just saying because back when I had my Trance I'd ocasionally go for a ride to find the shock rebound was not where I left it, it would have been none other than my kids!

Anyway adjust your rebound to full slow- is the fork rebounding slow?
Adjust to full fast - is the fork now rebounding fast?
If anser is yes then adjust it to somewhere in the middle (or whatever noramlly suits your weight / trails) and go for a ride then fine tune from there.

If the oil had leaked out you probably would have noticed it - on your tire / rim or floor.

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
Adding to what Ductape said,

- is it an air fork? Maybe it lost some pressure which will make it rebound slower.
- was it a cold day? That would slow the damper too.

Like was said - turn the rebound adjuster in both directions and see how it reacts, then dial it so it rebounds fairly quick without being too bouncy. If the air pressure has dropped then pump it back to what you had before.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.