Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I gave my old ss stumpjumper a bit of love over the holidays. It is mostly a commuter and sometimes trailbike. I wanted to impove it wiothout breaking the bank so bought some bits on ebay for $150, had a friend weld in some homemade dropouts and gave it a rattle can paintjob (which turned out better than I expected).

I also painted the old MAG21's but will probably replace these with something rigid soon.

Cheers
Tim

ps the second photo shows how it looked before the makover.

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi guys, thanks for the comments.

The Mag21 has been on the bike since I bought it in 95. It has done a ton of miles in Arizona and Moab and now in Australia and has only ever required routine maintenance. I have changed the oil a couple of times and cleaned it out but that is all. Still maintains pressure really well and to be honest I like it more for the sort of riding I do on this bike than a lot of modern shocks I have ridden.

Yeah the stem is really long (dont have a tape here to measure it). It was stock on the bike when I bought it with a straight bar and was uncomfortable as all hell so I bought a shorter one straight away. When I put the Sushi Bars on (locally made Mary Bar like things but with more sweep) I found my cockpit got too short so I put the long stem back on. Looks a bit goofy but fits nice.

Cheers
Tim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.