Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im in the market for new fork and wheels and have the chance to get either one of these forks for about the same price. was wondering if anyone that has experience on either one if not both could give me a little advise on which to go with. if it helps it will be going on an 07 BMC Trailfox 02 with a dt swiss xm180 rear shock, i weigh between 200 and 210 geared up, (depending on time of season!). i ride mainly xc, and like the feel of my bike both at 120 and 130 ( i currently have a 07 tora 318 uturn on the ride).

any and all input would be great!

-brian

·
low speed, high drag
317 Posts
I just put a Pike 454 on my 07 TFox and it is fantastic. Really does make a difference over a QR as I feel like I can plow through stuff with less chatter than I had with my Tora. I've briefly tried a Talas with a 15mm axle but I couldn't gauge much of a difference vs. the 20 in the time I rode it. But the Maxle is a great design and hard to go wrong with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.