Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi forum

I'm building a Niner Air 9 and I've narrowed it down to these two competitors (I think).

The forks are same price, but Minute is lighter and looks more fresh :thumbsup:

What would you choose and why?

Thanks in advance
:)

·
Registered
2020 Salsa Horsethief; 2021 Surly Krampus
851 Posts
I'll preface this by saying that I ride a fully rigid bike. That said, the Reba is adjustable from 80mm to 100mm. I'm not sure the Minute is adjustable?

·
11 is one louder than 10
1,408 Posts
Reba Pros - more adjustable rebound dampening, travel adjust, MAXLE (if you go 20mm)

Reba Cons - Creaky Crowns

Minute Pros - with the absolute Plus - very nice compression dampening and adjustments, on par with Reba, quiet crowns, GREAT customer service (in that you can send your fork to them direct if need be, no need to go through shop)

Minute Cons - 20mm system is more cumbersome, rebound dampening doesn't seem to do as much.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I read a review where it was claimed that the Minute was a bit flexy, but when I read reviews here on mtbr, everybody writes STIFF under strenghts. How is that and who is right?

The silver crown on the Minute would match my silver CK headset great BTW:)

·
Registered
997 Posts
i prefer the minute's, IMO uses more travel than the Reba or the Fox and is more plush.

Agree, it looks way better as well ...

In case you are ++180lbs get the stiffer spring kit ($10), this will enable you to run the minute superplush without bottoming out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.