Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Reba RLT 100mm to 120mm?

1750 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  airdonut41
So I have an '11 epic comp 29er, and I heard it's possible to go from 100mm to 120mm of travel in the front by removing a spacer. Any word on this?

If it's already been discussed, could someone link me to it? I haven't had any luck finding info.

Dan
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
If the Reba is the fork that came on the bike it may not be possible depending on whether or not SRAM did a special run for Specialized. The SRAM website shows the 29'er RLT as a 130/140 travel fork so your fork looks like a special option.

It's easy to open them up and check though as they may have achieved 100mm travel purely by utilising spacers.

I converted my 2010 26" Rebas from 100mm to 120mm and it's a half hour job
120/100

Funny...I'm thinking about buying a 120 and going to a 100..I had heard Specialized will void a warranty if you go beyond 10 pecent of stock travel..at least on a carbon frame.
airdonut41 said:
So I have an '11 epic comp 29er, and I heard it's possible to go from 100mm to 120mm of travel in the front by removing a spacer. Any word on this?

If it's already been discussed, could someone link me to it? I haven't had any luck finding info.

Dan
Sram has pdf files on there site showing the operation. I made my 100mm recon 120mm recently. Make sure you get the appropriate fork oil. Calls for 5wt and 15wt oils. Took about 20mins to do.
Old topic, but I'm wondering if anyone has tried this? And if not, any opinions on how it would affect the handling of my bike? I'd really like a bit more travel during the summer (when I do more AM riding), and then I'd probably shrink it back down in the fall. Would it get sloppy?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.