Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought an '07 RebaRace (oe take off). Came with Poplock topcap, ready for the cable, but no remote. I don't want the remote on my bar either. What I want is the manual poplock adjuster shown here:

Does anyone know:

1) Can I swap out top cap easily.
2) RS par number for the top cap shown in photo above (blue part)
3) If I have to stick w/poplock remote, can I just buy the cable and lever?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
islander said:
Bought an '07 RebaRace (oe take off). Came with Poplock topcap, ready for the cable, but no remote. I don't want the remote on my bar either. What I want is the manual poplock adjuster shown here:

Does anyone know:

1) Can I swap out top cap easily.
2) RS par number for the top cap shown in photo above (blue part)
3) If I have to stick w/poplock remote, can I just buy the cable and lever?

Thanks!
I think you have to replace the entire damper assembly. The remote damper has a return spring in there somewhere. The non-remote one (the one you are looking for) doesn't have the return spring.

You can get either version from a RS dealer for $40-50, I think.

If you have the blue remote cap with set-screw for cable installation, then all you need is the lever and cable. You could probably adapt an old thumb shifter to work if you didn't want to buy the RS lever.

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
As AOK said you would need to replace the MC damper.

If you want to get the RS lever, there are 2 version "normal" poplock and poplock adjust. The diffrence is that the adjust lets you set the compression when unlocked.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did some more digging, and yes you do have to buy a whole new compression damper assembly for the non-remote version. What's not clear is if the RS damper assembly includes the blue topcap (the non-remote one in my earlier pic).

I'm looking into the new SRAM "PushLoc" kit with matchmaker mount as the solution. I've already got some new X-9 shifters, so I could put my Pushloc lever and left shifter on the same perch and avoid the whole messy handlebar setup that I hated about Poploc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.