Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a Reba and I can't decide the best way to mount the pop-lock lever. Right-side or left-side? Cable over or under the bar?

Couldn't find anything after a brief search. I am running SS so there are no shifter interference problems. Recommendations?

·
Always Learning
9,608 Posts
craig said:
Got a Reba and I can't decide the best way to mount the pop-lock lever. Right-side or left-side? Cable over or under the bar?

Couldn't find anything after a brief search. I am running SS so there are no shifter interference problems. Recommendations?
I went through that entire process (with pictures posted in a thread) and found out from others, that I had it installed on the wrong side. You will have either a left or right side installation only lever - pretty much depending on luck of the draw as to what is shipped to you. You have to study the pictures and see if yours is right or left sided and mount it on that side. Mine is a left side lever which I couldn't figure out when first looking at it. Engineering is far from my forte.:madman: But I can do most of the "honey do list" things my wife orders me to complete around the house.:thumbsup:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=188879
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=189189

BB

·
Registered
242 Posts
Depnds on the side

For a left side lever, I have mine set up so that the button is closer to the outside of the bar. This makes it easier to hit the button. If you flip it over, the lever will get in the way of the button. Also, make sure that you have ALL of the slack out of the cable when you attach it, or you will not get a full lock-out on the fork.

Steve

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies / links / pictures. I was starting to feel a bit retarded after re-installing it for the second time. I got the "left-hand" switch, which is now mounted on the right side with the cable over the top. May have to switch it again....:rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.