Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been a recurring issue with many frame models since the Reba was introduced. I thought I'd let folks know that the Cane Creek headset with a taller lower cup is now in stock at QBP and now quickly available for most bike shops. For those interested, it is part number HD2268. It is the S3 Plus 5 model. I couldn't pull an image but will look at one next week.

Happy New Year

Jason
Salsa Crew

·
Registered
803 Posts
if i was to buy a Reba 29er fork and install it on my 26" Inbred, would that be advisable? I plan to go 29er, but cant do it all at once. currently I am using a rigid fork, and i'm getting into trouble once i increase my speed.

so if the geometry and down tube allows it, should i use a 29" wheel with the fork, or just stick with my current 26" wheel?

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
Do some basic searches, this has been beaten to death. It will work, but won't ride worth shyt without a motor on it. You must be a fan of Orange Country Choppers? 2 seconds of common sense and maybe a pencil will tell you it's a bad plan.

·
Cold. Blue. Steel.
1,709 Posts
endure26 said:
I've been playing with one of these for several months. I bought just the lower cup and used it on an S6 or 8. Tall cup on the left, standard on the right...

Will the deeper cup change your head angle in a detrimental way?

·
When did you get here?!?!
1,691 Posts
WarPigs said:
if i was to buy a Reba 29er fork and install it on my 26" Inbred, would that be advisable? I plan to go 29er, but cant do it all at once. currently I am using a rigid fork, and i'm getting into trouble once i increase my speed.

so if the geometry and down tube allows it, should i use a 29" wheel with the fork, or just stick with my current 26" wheel?
TeamDicky is using a 26" frame, two 26" wheels, and a rigid 29er fork to put the frame geo. the same as with a 26er 5" fork, but rigid. If you add another 80 or 100mm to the total height with a 29er suspension fork you will, as has been said, need to be an OCC fan. The geometry would be about the same as if you put an 8" travel fork on your frame. If you put a 29er wheel in the front, too, it'll be unridable.... Or close to it.

Cloxxki, lighten-up on the new guy, eh?

·
Where's Toto?
1,188 Posts
A King headset has a lower stack height of 13.7mm. The Cane Creek ends up at a smidge over 18mm. Woodman is 18.something. A CK with the Ventana 4mm or 7mm race ends up at 17.7 or 20.7mm. So - from 13.7 to 20.7, we're talking a range of 7mm. Compare that to the difference in fork lengths and/or tire diameters, and you'll realize it's an inconsequential amount. Yes, it will elevate your headtube --- but I doubt you'll feel a whole lot of difference.

I'd bet that you're talking less than the difference between 35psi and 55psi in a tire.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.