Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
We're expecting the 1st set to hit stores in Canada at the beginning to middle of September.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Heard Sept. as well....

reba's got my interest...I'm debating U-turn or not. I'll slap it on a Tracer w/ 4.5 inches rear travel.....The reba should compliment it nicely.

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[]D[][]v[][]D said:
reba's got my interest...I'm debating U-turn or not. I'll slap it on a Tracer w/ 4.5 inches rear travel.....The reba should compliment it nicely.
I got an '02 Duke Race 80mm now, which has been great, but it's a bit harsh. I was hoping to get more travel, but my frame was designed for an 80mm fork. I don't wanna get something that ruins the nimble geometery of the frame, and is so tall it slackens my head angle too much. I figure with the Reba with U-Turn, I get adjustable travel, pseudo SPV with a control from the bars, and a wide range of tweakability... not to mention, it can make it over to my next frame. As long as it doesn't cost a zillion dollars, it looks like a good bet. I'm gonna try it first, of course.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I'm going the...

Dual Air Reba- When it gets here of course; I'm looking at Importing one from the USA (to Australia) so I can get my hands one one earlier, and so it costs alot less :p

Dual Air: Because I've had adjustable travel forks before (Psylo SL) and it's not really something I use much, plus my bike is set up well with 100mm on the front. :D

·
Stabbitha
140 Posts
Rebas and Pikes

Are at distributors.....word

·
Registered
29 Posts
115mm travel rules!

The Reba is the bomb! I have been running this fork since April, love it.
TRUTH specs have been changed to allow fork use of up to 115mm travel.
Nooner

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
Ellsworth Bicycles said:
Nooner
Has the geometry or build of the Truth changed or is it just whats allowed per se that has changed?

What's the axle-crown length of this fork???

·
Registered
629 Posts
Ellsworth Bicycles said:
Nooner
Ummm the Reba's design hadnt even been finished in April. Just thought id let you know.

·
05 Ventana Saltamontes!!
29 Posts
Pike Team in stores now

I visited Cambria Bike today and they had both the Pike Team and Reba forks in stock

·
noMAD man
12,059 Posts
Saw a Pike on May 7th.

ajw8899 said:
Ummm the Reba's design hadnt even been finished in April. Just thought id let you know.
I don't know about the Reba, but I was kinda surprised to see a Pike on a bike being ridden on Slickrock in Moab by a guy that looked a lot like Greg Herbold. No, the guy was too young (I think) to be Herbold, and I wished I had gone over an talked to the guy about the fork. I'm only mentioning this because I guess there are prototypes or preproduction models being run and tested well before consumer release. Maybe the same thing happened with the Reba.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
manitou die hard fan..

But tie for a new fork. I am willing to jump boats and go with aa rockshock "first one I have ever had" if the reba is as good as they say it is. manitou has has gone off there rocker with there new fork prices. Reba Team Pla U , or Manitou Min 2 ? Could make for a good shootout

TNC said:
I don't know about the Reba, but I was kinda surprised to see a Pike on a bike being ridden on Slickrock in Moab by a guy that looked a lot like Greg Herbold. No, the guy was too young (I think) to be Herbold, and I wished I had gone over an talked to the guy about the fork. I'm only mentioning this because I guess there are prototypes or preproduction models being run and tested well before consumer release. Maybe the same thing happened with the Reba.

·
Banned
7,131 Posts
DH_WP said:
I am willing to jump boats and go with aa rockshock "first one I have ever had" if the reba is as good as they say it is.
When has RS ever NOT said their fork is going to be the best thing ever?

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
TNC said:
Probably a RS guy from here in the Springs, I've seen both models on the trails here and got to ride the Pike back in June, it felt the same as my Vanilla.

·
Keep on Rockin...
6,453 Posts

Trevor! said:
Has the geometry or build of the Truth changed or is it just whats allowed per se that has changed?

Say in the 100mm mode?

Mike

1 - 17 of 17 Posts