Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bunker Hill Bikes
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, we have beat the downtube and Reba review horse to death, now let's talk about the switch to from 80mm to 100mm of travel and vice versa.

I have visited the Rock Shox site looking for the elusive PDF file about changing the travel, no luck. I know that Speedgoat will change travel for an additional $20, but I am not buying the fork from them.

Can someone who has completed this operation on their Reba post work instructions to the travel change with some pics? This would be helpful for all who enjoy Reba.

Thanks,

Chad

·
Bunker Hill Bikes
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome!

Thanks Endure26. I must of looked all over the Sram/Rock Shox website for the PDF service file.

Work instructions for a fork are dangerous in the hands of an engineer! HA!

Thanks for the help,

Chad

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Cut and paste...

REBA 29ER TRAVEL ADJUSTMENT
For all you asking about changing the travel in your 29er Reba fork, here's where to go on RockShox.com:
Page 11 has the travel adjust stuff, but here's the important part: THE PICTURES THERE ARE FOR A 26" REBA, NOT A 29".

For a 29er at 100mm, you will have NO black spacers on there. When set to 100mm, your 29er Reba will look like their "115mm travel (0 spacers)" picture on the far right.

For a 29er at 80mm, you're only putting in one spacer between the white piston-thing and the black top-out thing, so when set to 80mm, yours will look like their "110mm travel (1 spacer)" middle picture.

Enjoy.

20.100 FR said:
pictures are for the 26 version.
There are explainations on the speedgoat blog

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.