Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Its boring: to the extent where you're fun/challenge is derive from maintaining cadence...
2. who the hell actually has fun climbing?
3. Its road biking... on gravel/sand/fat boring paths
4. because it is road biking on "dirt" there are some elitist qualities it inherits, such as:
A. carbon EVERYTHING, weight weenies alert, code red: no one looks down on you harder than a XC carboned out the ass spandex wearing elitist, who see's your 7 year old bike made with aluminum and scoffs at your poor state. DO YOU GUYS UNDERSTAND that if you eat a huge lunch, and have to poo and pee (at least for me) i'm a solid ten pounds heavier than when i'm running on empty.
B. Rigid bikes. Unless its a fat bike, you can't do true mountain biking on a rigid bike, unless you plan to die... and Fat bikers, you only barely scrape by.
5. Speed isn't everything, enjoy the outdoors, but I guess you can't when YOU ONLY RIDE FAT FIRE ROADS!!!

XC'rs, develop a sence of adventure, buy something that can handle a single-track, then go ride one. you won't find any exhilarating and adrenaline packed times on a fat and boring fire road.

exeptions: if you're older, or out of shape, good for you, you're trying, but don't think XC is all mountain biking has to offer. or if you're beginning, yes, I understand that, we all start somewhere, but don't feel afraid to test the waters, and ride a bumpier, up and down facing single-track.

XC: like people who never grew out of diapers... but for mountain biking.

Share your thoughts and opinions below... i'm already making popcorn.

·
Registered
12,796 Posts
This is gonna be good! Wait, let me get some pop corn!

Edit: ON SECOND THOUGHT, PLEASE DO NOT FEED THIS TROLL!! DO NOT POST. THIS PERSON IS JUST LOOKING FOR A PISSING WAR!

·
Registered
14,872 Posts
Share your thoughts and opinions below... i'm already making popcorn.

I'm still relatively new to this internet stuff and I admit I don't quite understand what kind of "fun" is derived from this trolling business. Please explain.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
actually i'm trying to really get to the point of why they do enjoy XC... and hoping they can at least admit to the whole weight weenie issue.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'm a swimmer, we have to eat and drink a lot, water weight and dehydration is in there, i'm saying there is a 10 pounds shift from dehydrated, hungry, and I've already used the facilities vs me full, hydrated and needing to go to the bathroom

·
Registered
717 Posts
I ride xc I guess but my trails aren't necessarily flat because they have lots of rocks, roots, and climbs. Sometimes I ride them on my rigid SS or my 3x10 hardtail. Both bikes are by no means WW because the hardtail was $700 and my SS is a vintage conversion. XC is the only class I can think I fall under but I also don't feel like I fit your description. I think xc riding might be more broad than you think? Do you ride DH or AM? Also most riders are only a product of their environment. What if there is nothing but xc trails for them to ride would you still patronize them?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Lots of people enjoy XC, for reasons all their own. If you seek positive reinforcement from this forum for your personal views....you're opening the gates of hell.

Suit-up, for a flaming.....

·
Registered
367 Posts
Ever done an XC race? Makes ya a better rider no matter what you preferences are. fun as hell too.

·
Rogue Exterminator
4,951 Posts
Don't be mad because you lack the skills to ride to do true mountain biking on a rigid bike.

·
mnoutain bkie rdier
2,823 Posts
1. Road biking is awesome

2. XC racing is even awesomer

#knowyourroots

I am not even agitated by your post OP. Kinda feel sorry for you actually. :confused:

·
Rogue Exterminator
4,951 Posts
1. Road biking is awesome

2. XC racing is even awesomer

#knowyourroots
Correction

Riding a bike is awesome no matter what kind of riding you enjoy.

And speaking in hash tags is not awesome. ;)

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
i'm a swimmer, we have to eat and drink a lot, water weight and dehydration is in there, i'm saying there is a 10 pounds shift from dehydrated, hungry, and I've already used the facilities vs me full, hydrated and needing to go to the bathroom
You are a swimmer and think riding road and XC bikes outside is boring? Lots of credibility there.

·
OTB Pro
106 Posts
XC racing on the East Coast definitely is not just smooth fire roads. Lots of huge rocks, roots and single track. Bike handling skills are a must. Hard to take too much offense to your comments because you are a swimmer. Swimming is the epitome of boring and monotonous.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

·
No. Just No.
5,285 Posts
You are a swimmer and think riding road and XC bikes outside is boring? Lots of credibility there.
You'll end up eating your words when the OP explains they do all-mountain extreme swimming.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.