Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so here is the short version of the story. I messed up my rd tonight on a ride. and i have a full day ahead of me tomorrow. Ergo, i need to fix it....the end...

The rd is stuck in the 8th grear (8speed). When i go to twist the shifter down is won't go, there is a bunch of tension again me. Like i literally can't pull it at all. But i can shift it up a little. There isn't anything shoved in the RD and it looks fine. Did my cable mess up maybe? Oh did i mention i have plans for tonight...Wow this could ruin the weekend. When i have time (prolly around midnight, i'll take a better look at it to see whats wrong and post a much more informative post in here. But for now...any places for me to start looking? (FYI i am drivetrain dumb....so if you say adjust this...i am going to need to have you tell me what this is.)

A HUGH thanks in advance.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Trace your cable and housings from the shifter pod to the rd. You may have popped a housing out of an end cap or a cable guide. That will do 2 things, bind the cable so it won't slide cleanly, and pull on the deraiieur so you can't go to a lower gear...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.