Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had to wait for it for almost 2 months (was incustoms fro 2 weeks then the guy who builds wheels was out of the country for over a month), but it was worth it.
all DT Swiss wheel - hub - DT 440 freeride, rim - DT FR 6.1D.
only problem i found with it is that now i want the same fro the front wheel to make it a set :p

tal

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
You need some kind of hyper-bling axle bolts to go with that caliper. Diamond-encrusted?

Is that a Schraeder valve?

I have to admit I am a fan of the red stripe Maxxis tires. Looks like an old Triumph TR-6.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i do have a local guy thet builds wheels (the only one i realy trust), but he was out of the country for a few weeks.
as for the "no dust" thing - i'm a maintenance freak.i clean them after every trail ride, and every part that starts to squick is taken apart and gets checked. the mechanics at my local shop also clean them for me every time they check them or replace a part.
it's kid of like "my baby is crying, i need to make her feel better":D
the way i take care of them makes my wife jelous "you take care of the bike more then you take care of me".
"well......if i was riding you every day.........":p

slackdaddy - yep, its a Schraeder. i like it more then the presta.as for the bolts - i want to replace them.if you know of an online store that sells nice ones let me know. i realy can't understad how ellsworth put such cheap bolts on this frame.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.