Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Tree Hugger
286 Posts
I hear you...

SoloRider said:
Thanksgiving day I did this

Got my wheel back fixed last Tuesday. I've ridden everyday since and today a good 4 miles from the truck I popped a spoke. I think it's time to get a spare rear wheel built up.
I seem to be kind of hard on wheels. If I didn't have a back-up wheel I would miss a lot of rides. It sucks to spend the money and I don't like storing stuff I don't use, but it's great to have on hand when you need it.

Good luck.

~R

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Sure...

SoloRider said:
Thanksgiving day I did this

Got my wheel back fixed last Tuesday. I've ridden everyday since and today a good 4 miles from the truck I popped a spoke. I think it's time to get a spare rear wheel built up.
but maybe for a backup wheel, just do a decent low-rent non-ss wheel converted with spacers and a DX cog. You can score a good disc wheel for under $100, like an XT hub with bonti mustang rim and DB spokes. Solid track/bmx axles are cheap, like $10 or so.

I run on a regular wheel on my SS (I'm not a full time SSer) and it works just fine. I may kick down for a real SS wheelset, but I'm a cheapskate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.