Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Try not to

Try not to describe it as a 6 inch travel bike in order to sell it. It is not a "long travel" bike.

"It is a XC only bike with great suspension." is a better way to say it.

If a rider can get the full travel out of the Mantra on a regular basis then the bike is not set up properly.

If it is an air shock then a 150# (this weight includes pack) rider should have about 185 psi in the shock. If the rider is 200# (same as previous) then there should be about 265 psi in the shock.
Not sure if you want to toss that info in the add but, it could be helpful to a new mtb rider.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
WOW I figured all these frames had broken by now, I broke mine twice, then sold it, It was a pretty fun bike, but the suspension would unload and throw your weight forward when braking hard. But a fun bike none the less, not very efficient though. Travel was around 6", and did you know it was designed to ridden with a rigid fork?, I wish I had digital photos of mine, it used to covered in fur, several different colors throughout it's life. If I can get a hold of a scanner I'll post some old photos of it when it was furred out.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
WOW I figured all these frames had broken by now, I broke mine twice, then sold it, It was a pretty fun bike, but the suspension would unload and throw your weight forward when braking hard. But a fun bike none the less, not very efficient though. Travel was around 6", and did you know it was designed to ridden with a rigid fork?, I wish I had digital photos of mine, it used to covered in fur, several different colors throughout it's life. If I can get a hold of a scanner I'll post some old photos of it when it was furred out.
What did you have? I know of 3 mantra pros like mine that have been riding hard and they never broke was yours made by trek? i know mine was made by Klein in WA i was one of the lucky one to get 1 of 100 made of this bike.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Actually

Klein_Christopher said:
i was one of the lucky one to get 1 of 100 made of this bike.
They were able get about 360-380 off the line. I think all the aluminum Mantras (and rear triangles on the carbons) were made in WA.
There are stickers on my carbons that say made in WA. I doubt the OCLV mains were made there though.
I also have three. One original, one 99 Pro and a 99 Race single speed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.