Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have an issue on my rear travel. I just would like to find out if it is normal, or maybe mine is a little weird.

I was cleaning the bike and after heavy rain and a lot of mud I wanted to clean all. So I removed rear wheel, chain, and also shock.

And I wanted to test te rear travel what are the maxs and mins, and i tried to do it with my hand.

And here it came. I wasnt almost able to move the rear tringle. I realy have to use quiet a lot of power to move it. I completle dissassemble the whole thing. There were no dust or something, the bushings were realy realy hard to move.

SO here is my question, is this normal? I never had bushings so just getting familiar with it. But no doubt it has a huge impact on sensitivity of the shock...

·
Registered
350 Posts
There has been issues with tight bushings. With new bushings it gets better but not perfect. A service with a good grease and correct torque also helps. I would suggest you ask Ibis to send you a couple of new bushings and buy some good grease and try it from there.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Hi guys, I have an issue on my rear travel. I just would like to find out if it is normal, or maybe mine is a little weird.

I was cleaning the bike and after heavy rain and a lot of mud I wanted to clean all. So I removed rear wheel, chain, and also shock.

And I wanted to test te rear travel what are the maxs and mins, and i tried to do it with my hand.

And here it came. I wasnt almost able to move the rear tringle. I realy have to use quiet a lot of power to move it. I completle dissassemble the whole thing. There were no dust or something, the bushings were realy realy hard to move.

SO here is my question, is this normal? I never had bushings so just getting familiar with it. But no doubt it has a huge impact on sensitivity of the shock...
Sounds like my Turner. It never really impacted the ride so honestly, if you don't notice it on the trail, I personally would not worry about it.

·
Registered
365 Posts
So I had to take my shock off my 18 RipMo last night and noticed that there was some tightness of the bushings. According to Ibis as long as its free with the wheel on, its ok.. But if you watch the video on PinkBike when they reviewed the RipMo, mine is nowhere near as free as that one.. (Video is halfway down this page - https://www.pinkbike.com/news/review-ibis-ripmo.html)
Should it be as free as that?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.