Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
the bomb
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this has been discussed before, but I wasn't looking for a new tire then ;)

can anybody help me out with some suggestions/what your using.

thankks

·
Glutton for punishment
581 Posts
I live in AZ and ride either the Mutano 2.24/2.4 (oddly enough they're about the same width, the 2.24 has better knobs but the 2.4 rolls way faster) or the Motoraptor 2.24. For heavy duty, I put on an IRC El Gato. Haven't found a limit to the traction on that thing, but it certainly gets tough to roll. Up front I have a Wierwolf 2.5 which I love, I might get a 2.3 and see if it squeezes in the back.

ScottN

·
Registered
115 Posts
get a Geax Sturdy. i have it as my rear tire on my RM ETSX-30 and it gripes everything. it comes in 1.95 and 2.25" but it is a very high volume tire and it may not fit your bike. did i mention its bomb proof.

·
viva la v-brakes!
2,420 Posts
WTB, Tioga...

I've had good luck with the WTB Moto-Raptor 2.4 and Tioga Factory DH 2.3. The Geax Sturdy 2.25 was too big, mostly cause it was too tall and rocks were getting caught in it and smacking my frame. Maybe the Sturdy's just pick up rocks easy. Either way I wish it worked cause them tires had serious traction!

·
Registered
115 Posts
you really thing the geax sturdy 2.25 is bigger then a 2.4 tire. mine picks up rocks and it smakces my frame but i deal with it. and not only does it grip sweetly it is bomb proof.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts