Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Turner Homer
1,227 Posts
Do you want to convert a bike that is already a hardtail, to a suspension bike, because that is not possible, and you need to just by a full suspension specific frame. You could buy a suspension seatpost, which will make the ride more comfortable, but it won't be fully active like a suspension bike.
Dave

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Actually, I think it's one of the things you can't change in a bike, or if you do somehow find a solution, it won't be reliable, and affect the handling of the bike.

I should think on saving for a FS rather than searching for magical solutions.

·
Reformed car junkie
194 Posts
With enough money anything is possible. That being said, it would probably be cheaper and much much easier just to buy a FS bike. Not to mention the FS is probably the safer option also, your hardtail front triangle wasnt built with the stresses a shock and the linkage in mind.

Just buy a new bike if you want a FS.

·
Registered
193 Posts
cghornets20 said:
hi, i was wondering about putting rear suspension on my 04 specialized hardrock pro and also if i should how much would it cost me and how should i do it?

Thanks
This is how....

Use this, and eyeball some cuts into the frame...

Buy one of these at auto parts store...

Use this to rebuild frame...

Enjoy....!!!!

But really I think saving up for a FS frame/bike is what you PROBABLY want to do...

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Here you go.

cghornets20 said:
hi, i was wondering about putting rear suspension on my 04 specialized hardrock pro and also if i should how much would it cost me and how should i do it?

Thanks
It looks like you'll have to start by having your own or purchasing one of his Schwinn frames:

https://www.desperadocycles.com/Used_Schwinn_Bicycles/Schwinn_Ballooner_Bicycles_Used.htm

https://www.desperadocycles.com/Profile_Thumbnails/Profile_Full_Size/The_Original_Hardlydavischw.jpg

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.