Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that understand the pros and cons of suspension design can some of you enlighten me on some of the pros and cons of Treks full floater vs Niners CVA? Specifically the Fuel 29 and Rip 9. Which makes a better pedaler, climber, decender etc.

·
GONE
25,586 Posts
The truth is, big company suspension designs are petty darn dialed in. Just go with the one you like the looks of the most.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The truth is, big company suspension designs are petty darn dialed in. Just go with the one you like the looks of the most.
just second guessing the sale of my Fuel 29er for a Rip 9 alloy. I am looking at about a $2k difference.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its not that I don't dislike the trek.....I found the Niner to feel better cornering. In comparison the Niner felt more natural and flowed better. The niner seems to feel more like it can blitz through the rough with more confidence. As for the place I did the demo my most local trails are more xc oriented with roots, that's why I ask about suspension design. As the trek stands now I want a few upgrades that are stock on the Niner. Those upgrades total about $400. That pretty much brings the difference to about $1600.

·
GONE
25,586 Posts
It seems that you have answered your own question. You may want to ask around in the Niner thread page here. I'm sure there's plenty of members who have more specific info to offer.

·
Ride Instigator
3,220 Posts
Its not that I don't dislike the trek.....I found the Niner to feel better cornering. In comparison the Niner felt more natural and flowed better. The niner seems to feel more like it can blitz through the rough with more confidence. As for the place I did the demo my most local trails are more xc oriented with roots, that's why I ask about suspension design. As the trek stands now I want a few upgrades that are stock on the Niner. Those upgrades total about $400. That pretty much brings the difference to about $1600.
If the Niner feels better to you and the extra $$ is affordable and doesn't put a big strain on your finances, go for the Niner...or you will always wish you had.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, you don't screw around do ya? You're all business. Good going!

I was posting on my last hours of the Ebay auction. I was really nervous at the end.

Too bad these Niner dealers are not open late Saturday nights. You never know when you may sell a new bike! LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts