Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Sedona, Az USA
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've spent little time on a 2000 FSR w/ a Fox Air shock of some kind.

In general, Ive just noticed that when the rear suspension hits any kind of small bump, whether a blunt, square edge log/root or a small, smooth roller, the hit is transfered straight up the seatpost and pops my a$s right off the saddle. It is annoying and screws up any kind of pedaling cadence i have going.

Do the newer frame designs allow a more rearward axle path of travel? And make those type of hits less noticeable ?

thanks

joel

·
Registered
44 Posts
M1_joel said:

In general, Ive just noticed that when the rear suspension hits any kind of small bump, whether a blunt, square edge log/root or a small, smooth roller, the hit is transfered straight up the seatpost and pops my a$s right off the saddle. It is annoying and screws up any kind of pedaling cadence i have going.

Do the newer frame designs allow a more rearward axle path of travel? And make those type of hits less noticeable ?

thanks

joel
Sounds like your rebound is set too fast (if that shock has one). Try tuning it slower and letting a little air out of the shock.

punga!

·
Vaginatarian
5,686 Posts
you need to adjust the shock, and it may even be locked out. when you are stopped try and put all your weight on the seat and see if it lowers at all. It should have some name on the barrel. go on their web site and download the manual. Adjust the sag first, then the rebound. the manual will have the recommended air pressures

·
Demon Cleaner
783 Posts
M1_joel said:

thanks

joel
Assuming you already know how to adjust a rear shock and did so, you may find the following link helpful. It is a long and sometimes complex discussion about the effects of a Horst Link rear suspension on small bump compliance. While not specifcally about the FSR rear there are some insights that transfer. The short version is that, yes, some HL bikes suffer some small bump insensitivity. Though not everyone agrees, nor is there an agreed upon solution. Still worth a read though.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=146022&highlight=banzi

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.