Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Specialized Rida
815 Posts
-Insomnia- said:
I was on ride-this.com and i want to buy the fox dhx 5.0 but i dont know what size to buy, does it really matter?
Yes it matters. What bike do you have? I am assuming it has a shock on it now, so pull the shock off if you know how and do a measurement.

to get a rough idea on what size it maybe just measure from center of the bolt, and measure from bolt to bolt. Assuming its on the frame. it should be at most 9 inches.

Now measure the small tan slider rod. the one that slides into the shock when compresses. It should be no more than 3 inches.

Try that if its on the bike. If you pull the shock off you can get a more accurate measure.

·
Registered
529 Posts
skate said:
Yes it matters. What bike do you have? I am assuming it has a shock on it now, so pull the shock off if you know how and do a measurement.

to get a rough idea on what size it maybe just measure from center of the bolt, and measure from bolt to bolt. Assuming its on the frame. it should be at most 9 inches.

Now measure the small tan slider rod. the one that slides into the shock when compresses. It should be no more than 3 inches.

Try that if its on the bike. If you pull the shock off you can get a more accurate measure.
I just tried calling you....
And OP, he's right, it matters a lot. What bike do you have, we may be able to just tell you so you don't have to measure yourself.

·
Specialized Rida
815 Posts
-Insomnia- said:
i just looked at the dhx 5.0 sizes and they sell a 8.50 X 2.50 and a 8.75 X 2.75
If you don't know how or can't measure you shock size, then just go to the specialized website and get the information you need. It's a lot easier and you'll be sure you have the correct size for your frame.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.