Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Basically, which rear shock do you run and why- especially riders over 180 lbs. thx. Cause I did hear some grief w the x2 shortly after the ripmo release and well I want to get the right shock from the start. Thx.

·
Registered
365 Posts
2019 onwards. Needs to have 300psi as its max. The ‘18 were limited to 250. To be honest I’d be surprised if there were any ‘18 X2s still around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
595 Posts
The answer to your question is how much do you like to tune your shock? The advantage of the X2 is the ability to adjust the high and low speed settings of both the rebound and the compression settings. If you don’t like to mess with settings, then the X2 might not be for you.

I haven’t ridden the Ripmo yet, but I really enjoy the X2 on my HD3. It’s the first shock that I have been able to actually tune, one click/ setting at a time.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just got a Ripmo with a 2019 X2. Its nice. Its a lot to think about though and I have yet to get it feeling amazing and not blow through its travel (even with max spacers). Im going to try the DVO Topaz on it and see how i like it. Im also slightly OCD and will constantly be fukking with the dam thing in hopes of getting it "perfect". Less may be more if you are like me. Oh...I weigh between 195 and 200 geared up depending on how much beer ive been drinking lately.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I have a few rides on my new Ripmo with dpx2. Personally, I don't like fiddling with my setting so the X2 wasn't for me. I ride a lot of different trail from hard enduro to natural rocky xc with some flowy trail with jump and berms in between... I wanted a poppy ride more than ultimate plushness or tunability and from my reading dpx2 was the way to go. I guess I won't know what I'm missing with the X2... Oh and I'm 210 geared up

·
Just a flesh wound
2,373 Posts
I have a few rides on my Ripmo now. I have the factory fork upgrade and the standard DPX2 shock. The pressures recommended by Fox were a bit harsh. The fork has been easy to dial in because of the adjustability. The shock is a different story. I don't have the open adjust option. When I set sag at 17mm which should be plush according to Fox, my pressure is a fair bit lower than the setup table would indicate. With this sag, I am not getting full travel either.

I weigh 165 lbs. I have the rear pressure at 190 psi. I run it in open. 7 or 8 clicks out on rebound seems good. The fork is at 65 psi for the record, with 2 clicks more open on HSC and 1 more on LSC than my weight chart match up.

Should I get a smaller volume spacer? I am getting 48mm travel on the shock. Max is 55mm, right?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.