Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently running with a Marzocchi Z1 FR Sl and an 02 Fox Float RL with itch switch.

Now teh shock was off my old 02 frame whcih I snapped and I have regularly stripped it down and greased up all of the seals etc. I see that Fox recommends that the shock is stripped down and nitrogen added back in. My local distributor charge approx £75 fotr this.

Is this worth it? and are there any upgrades to teh rear shock out there that are worth recommending

Cheers
Kwack

·
Registered
87 Posts
kwack said:
Currently running with a Marzocchi Z1 FR Sl and an 02 Fox Float RL with itch switch.

Now teh shock was off my old 02 frame whcih I snapped and I have regularly stripped it down and greased up all of the seals etc. I see that Fox recommends that the shock is stripped down and nitrogen added back in. My local distributor charge approx £75 fotr this.

Kwack
Hi Kwak

You might consider a custom Romic D (I have one for the 2002 - 4 Enduro and it may well be for sale). They can be bought new for around £290 and are very tuneable provided you get the correct rate spring.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Have a 05 Float R on my 03 enduro 7.87 eye to eye, just flip the link to the slack H.A. setting to retain the original B.B. height. I sent the shock to Push Industries, for the factory tune kit upgrade. All i can say is do it! The shock is heaps plusher and has a much better pedal platform. I also upgraded with Pike 426's which are awesome.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Just PUSH it.

Go to www.pushindustries.com or to www.tftunedshox.com if you are in the UK.

These outfits will valve the shock for your weight, riding style, and frame type. THe only issue that you may have is that doing the factory upgrade gets rid of the lockout. (not that you will ever need it again with the shock set up for you...)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts