Current setup:
Giant Reign 3
Marzocchi all mountin 2 160mm
hope pro II front hub
fox float r
panaracer rampage 2.35"
azonic platform pedals.

Rider weight: 115 - 125lbs.

I've been looking into getting a new shock, even though I'm happy with my bottom-line shock, but I feel like I could be happier with a different one.

I'm considering cane creek cloud 9 (I'm leaning toward this one the most), fox van R, marzocchi rocco air, 3pl.

are there any other shocks that I might like better? and will any of these even fit my bike?

thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I'm looking for something really plush to match my fork.. I like the way my float handles jumps and stuff, but in the turns it isn't matched with my fork well so the handling isn't quite what I'd hoped.

·
Registered
785 Posts
i say go coil....i ran air shocks on my last two full suspension bikes, and now that i switched to a DHX 5.0, i'll NEVER ride another air shock as long as i live....but, if you're stuck on an air shock, i hear the manitou swinger 4-way, and the new ISX-6 are SICK shocks....both have a piggy back, so they have great bottom out performance...

·
Registered
784 Posts
The '05-'07 Reigns cannot accept a piggyback shock so forget those Mantiou ISX-4 & 6's, DHX's, Roco TST's. If you like a coil shock, I know some guys with '05 to '07 Reigns than swear by the Vanilla R. You can get the 7.875 x 2.25 version to increase your travel to 6.7 inches then send it to Push.

I'm waiting for the '08 Reign to go on sale at my local bike shop and I'm slappin a 170mm 66 RC2X and get a 7.875 x 2.25 Roco TST-R.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.