Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Has anyone destroked or limited the stroke to 50mm on a non Ibis DT Swiss XR Carbon or XM 180 and if so could you explain how? My Mojo SL arrives in 4 days and I have a 200mm eye to eye XM 180 and would like to have it as a spare.
Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
It gets worse than that. Not only will the tyre hit the seattube but this might happen:

Couple of points to add for fairness: It was the UK Fox importer that fitted the wrong shock (they didn't have the right size) to enable me to race in a big UK 24 hour event. Ibis (and Stiff, the UK importer) both worked quickly and fairly to get me a new frame (with new shock and all my parts transfered) in less than a week. Top service.

·
Registered
303 Posts
According to DT and Ibis the shock is a 200mm e-e, 50 mm stroke on the Mojo and Mojo SL. Normal DT is 200mm X 55mm. This could or would void warranty. Fox RP23 is 200 X 50.

I have had a DT Swiss shock on an older GT i-drive and it has been a great shock. Also have fantastic customer service. The following is an E-mail from DT Swiss. Notice the capitalized "Possibility". May not be worth the effort or cost.

"First of all thank you for your Interest in our Products.
Regarding your Question i can tell you, that we are Producing our XR Carbon Shock in a reduced Travel Version for Ibis.
Technically the XM Shock is the same, so there should be a Possibility to reduce the XM Shock 200mm to 50mm Stroke.
But to do this it would be necessary to contact one of our Suspension Service Centers, this can' t be done in a normal Shop.
A list of all of our Service Centers can be found on our Webpage."

Freundliche Grüsse / Regards / Salutations
Friso Lorscheider
Int. Service & Customer Support Assistant
DT Swiss AG
http://www.dtswiss.com

·
Registered
333 Posts
moding shocks

If you do a search of the forums, there is a guy who goes by the name of elvis whom works for the Australian Ibis ditributor put a standard DT rear shock on his mojo. I think he put something in the shock to limit its travel from 57mm down to 50mm.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.