Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
******ed or Branded??
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I know how you guys can get here I have already done my search function and haven't found what I am looking for. I have seen a thread or two on this particular subject but now I can't find them.

So anyway now that is out of the way. Anyone have great alternative ideas to how to remove the rear shock of an 07' 575. I don't want to spend the 50 bucks for the tool on Yeti if I can find a cheaper way to do it. But if there is no good way then I'll drop the 50 bones.

Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
753 Posts
I got a couple of those tool kits laying around, don't know of a way to remove re-install without it.

·
Registered
964 Posts
doodooboi said:
Alright I know how you guys can get here I have already done my search function and haven't found what I am looking for. I have seen a thread or two on this particular subject but now I can't find them.

So anyway now that is out of the way. Anyone have great alternative ideas to how to remove the rear shock of an 07' 575. I don't want to spend the 50 bucks for the tool on Yeti if I can find a cheaper way to do it. But if there is no good way then I'll drop the 50 bones.

Thanks for the advice!
Most of the parts are pretty basic, BUT, I think a few key ones would be hard to find at home depot -- the ones that push and receive the little bearings in particular. I'm sure you could do it if you were creative. Its exactly the kind of thing I hate spending money on, but as usual having the right tool can really make a difference. Might be a case where its not worth fighting it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Don't have a 575, but instead a ASX and recently went through the same questions. The Yeti tool is used just for replacing the bearings and the Yeti pin/punch is for taking the shock on and off. The Yeti tool is a collection of nuts and bolts to do the bearings replacement and indeed cost $50, but if all you need to do is take the shock on and off all you need is the pin/punch tool and it's $10.
Sure one could figure out an alternative way to the Yeti punch, but this little punch sure makes it easy to remove the pivot pins without damaging them. I would spend the ten bucks personally.
Hope that helps.

·
******ed or Branded??
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all for the great advice!

Jetfixer, yes I am in AZ north phoenix to be some what exact. I might take you on that offer if I decide to go and remove the dogbone and the bearings.

Yeti Guy, thanks for the insight on this. I am taking your advice and just pick up the pin remover tool from yeti to just simplfy things.

again thanks all!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts