Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just recently picked up a Fox RP23 for my 2009 Pitch Comp and wanted to know what size reducers I need. I tried using the stock xfusion reducers but they don't fit.

I plan on buying the hardware here. Thanks for your help.

·
Bike Addiction
763 Posts
If no one answers, I called fox and bought from them. They had the info in their data base. Mine was an 09 XC Comp X-Fusion to an Rp2. I do believe the X-Fusion is 12mm and the Fox shocks are 1/2". But double check that. Read my DISCLAIMER signature. I'll throw this link in even though its 2 different bikes. You might get something useful out of it.
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=595271

·
Bike Addiction
763 Posts
I quoted the DU bushing sizes and he asked for reducers. Oops.

·
Registered
1 Posts
jsac said:
I went ahead a contacted fox and they said I needed 8mmx22mm reducers on the top and bottom. One end is a two piece setup and the other is a three piece setup.

2 Piece #803-03-030
3 Piece #803-03-100
Do we need both kits? Can I just use #803-03-030 top and bottom?

·
Bike Addiction
763 Posts
I THINK that the top is a reducer with spacers on each side to fit bike mounts. Sorry I can't remember exactly. Its been a year since I swapped mine out.They sent me top and bottom and extra bushings. I remember I had to swap both ends.

Edit: There is a member on here(mtbiker4life) that has a bushing tool for sale that was alot of help too.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You might be able to use the two piece reducer for both eyelets, but im not positive. I ordered both sets just to be safe from cambria and installation was very easy. 803-03-030 is for the bottom and 803-03-100 ( 3 piece) is for the top

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello, was anyone able to verify if the 803-03-030 works on both ends? I could not find the 803-03-100 anywhere so I went for that solution. I'll get the parts within a week and I'm hoping it'll work!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey, OK so I went to Suspensionwerx here in Vancouver and they told me to use 803-03-088 instead of the 803-03-100 because the steel bushing lasts longer and protects the shock better. Also the 803-03-030 does NOT work on the top linkage. It fits but it will damage your shock. Just in case someone else needs info!

·
Registered
67 Posts
So I'm an idiot - just got 803-03-100 mounting hardware

So I'm an idiot - just got 803-03-100 mounting hardware. Do the o rings sit on the outside and the cones/spacers/reducers point inward to the shock? Or if I'm wrong can someone direct me properly to the positioning? Thanks

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts