Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a 25 year MTB veteran, I'm just now getting to F/S bikes. I bought my son a used Specialized Enduro Expert. The seller pointed out a worn DU bushing on the Fifth Element shock. I'm thinking no problem...press out the old..press in a new one. Well, I took the shock off and no DU bushing is even in there! There is less than 1/2 mm clearance anyway. A local suspension guy says that that shock is designed that way. Bad design in my opinion. So I go to my LBS and pickup a Fox DHX Air 5.0 (the only aftermarket shock listed for this bike) as well as a Specialized Bearing kit supposedly to retrofit the Fox to the Enduro. When I get them home, I see that the Fox has no DU bushing in the lower eyelet too. The pivot bolt will fit better than on the Fifth Eelement but still, over time it will wallow out the Fox eyelet. The bearing kit from Specialized is the same that is already on the bike, ie same ID bearing races to fit the same pivot bolt with no hope of getting a DU bushing. Surely any rear shock would need a DU bushing to avoid eyelet damage. Any input from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.