Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a buddy who was kind enough to give me his unused rear shock--as he upgraded his new bike at purchase. The length and stroke are exactly the same, and the shock looks like it's going to be a perfect fit--except that my old shock's screws wont pass through the new shock's "eyes" as the new shock is smaller. I am probably getting the terminology wrong, so please accept my apology. Is it possible to change something to make the new shock compatible with my frame? The space the eye fits into is the same, just the diameter of the "hole" of the eye itself is different. I was just wondering if its possible to switch out the eyes or something. Please forgive my ignorance in asking such a dumb question.

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Tell us the make and model of shock, and the make and model of bike, and that would be a good starting point. Yes, you can swith the "eyes" out. We may be able to help with recommendations with a little more info.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tscheezy said:
Tell us the make and model of shock, and the make and model of bike, and that would be a good starting point. Yes, you can swith the "eyes" out. We may be able to help with recommendations with a little more info.
Thanks! The new shock is a Fox Vanilla R ( being switched from a Rock Shox Bar ) going on a 05 Iron Horse Warrior Pro Elite. 5 inches rear travel, 7.5X2.

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Contact Fox or PUSH

Thunderboltgreaseslapper said:
Thanks! The new shock is a Fox Vanilla R ( being switched from a Rock Shox Bar ) going on a 05 Iron Horse Warrior Pro Elite. 5 inches rear travel, 7.5X2.
Give them that exact information. They may very well stock the spacers and bolts you need to mount the shock. Figure a cost of between $20 and $30+ s/h.

Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.