Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i have a 2013 element 999rsl with a 6x1.25 rear shock and sidxx fork. Both are tied into the handlebar hydraulic lockout. I purchased a new front sid fork that uses cable acutation so im looking to swap the rear shock to another with cable actuation.

Also to complicate things i know that the shock is "custom tuned" by rockymtn which means probably its like a "high tune" if u will. I want to have both fork and rear shock tied into a cable actuated handlebar switch if possible. Any ideas on where to pick up a shock in this sizing and tunr would be great.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
ups and downs
15,592 Posts
You might end up needing to have your current shock rebuilt, the move to metric shock sizes has all about eliminated the 6" x 1.25" size. Rock Shox don't list shocks between 145mm x 32.5mm and 165mm x 37.5mm (you're after a 152mm x 32) and Fox doesn't list a rear shock smaller than 6.5" x 1.5" in their current product line.

Manitou offers a McLeod in a 152 x 32mm size and it likely won't have a compatible cable pull with your existing remote lever.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts