Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
You can find out that info on FOX's website. Do a little research before you ask a question that you could answer on your own.

Generally the DHX air is used for downhilling/freeriding and all day trail riding while the rp3 is used for trail riding and cross country racing.
 

·
Team Blindspot
Joined
·
2,989 Posts
mtbike_AK said:
What is the difference between the Fox DHX Air and the RP3?

What are the best uses of each?

Thanks.
The DHX is far more adjustable than the RP3. You have more levels of adjustment with the propedal and the you have bottom out control.

The RP3 is going to be more XC/Trail oriented. The DHX is going to be Trail/freeride oriented.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whoaohohohoh said:
You can find out that info on FOX's website. Do a little research before you ask a question that you could answer on your own.

Generally the DHX air is used for downhilling/freeriding and all day trail riding while the rp3 is used for trail riding and cross country racing.
I read Fox's website. In my opinion they were not very specific. Typically this site provides more info and sarcasm than the manufactures claim. Thanks for meeting my expectations. :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
S-Works said:
The DHX is far more adjustable than the RP3. You have more levels of adjustment with the propedal and the you have bottom out control.

The RP3 is going to be more XC/Trail oriented. The DHX is going to be Trail/freeride oriented.
Thanks that is what I sort of got from Fox, but was not sure if the DHX would be really be a decent Trail shock. Appreciate the info.
 

·
Team Blindspot
Joined
·
2,989 Posts
mtbike_AK said:
Thanks that is what I sort of got from Fox, but was not sure if the DHX would be really be a decent Trail shock. Appreciate the info.
Most definately a decent trailshock. Just has a more complex damper. It took some fiddling to get adjusted, but once there, it rocks.

I just got an RP 23 from Darren at Push. It seems very comparable to the DHX air. Just easier to use.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
412 Posts
Whoaohohohoh said:
http://www.foxracingshox.com/fox_tech_center/owners_manuals/07/eng/2007_om_eng.htm

Not very specific? How much more specific could you want. I gave you the answer you needed and so did S-Works.

You can't buy the RP3 as an aftermarket shock, but you probably knew that:rolleyes:
The RP3 was available as an after market shock. I picked one up from Universal Cycles end of 2004. Although it been replaced by the RP23 in the Fox product line, there still may be some stock left. These guys may still have 'em:

http://www.go-ride.com/prod_shox_fox.html
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top