Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Jekyll 1000 w/ a Fox float rear shock. I can't seem to keep it stiff enough for me. I'd like something that will carry my weight a little better but don't really know enough about gear to shop around yet. Any suggestions for me? I'm 6'5" about 230# and do mainly all mountain riding. I don't need it to take huge hits as I want to go to work after I ride my bike, not the hospital.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have 5.3 inches of travel in the back. I do not think I have ever seen a Jekyll w/ a coil shock in the back, I don't know if there is room for it there. Is it really worth the money to have a Fox Float Pushed? This is the bottom end shock in the line up and it is several years old. I'm not necesarily looking for a big upgrade, just want to know if pushing it would be a good choice.

·
Making fat cool since '71
1,840 Posts
Push is never a bad choice really, pricey but then so is a new shock.

Some coils may fit. It's the resevoir that can get in the way. There are Jekylls runnning around with coil. You are not super heavy so you can do an air shock and be just fine. The newer RP 23 shocks are light years beyond the Float. It's all just a matter of money at this point.

Brock...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm interested in the RP 23 shocks, but I just realized that from eye to eye i have 3 1/2 inches on my current set up. The overall length of my Fox float is about 6.5" but it mounts in the center. What options do I have in shocks that mount at the midpoint instead of each end?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.