Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a MC3.R on my trek fuel 98 and find it a bit stiff. I tried the RP23 on other bike and it seems that they are better. Are they ? or is it just a question of adjustments?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Trek 98

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I really like the MC3R on my Top Fuel Team Issue 2005. Yes, it is a stiff ride for that race bike. I adapted a remote to tune it between locked and various fidelity levels of adjustment. With only 90mm of travel though usually it is almost locked or all open.
You might try a pushed rp23 but again with that little travel on the bike there is only so much you can do. Maybe you should look at a longer travel bike.
Another thing you might try is dialing in allot of rebound. I find that almost all the time downhill on the fuel I stand to soak up stuff. Also on long downhills I dial the fork up to 115mm instead of 85mm for climbing and that helps.
Still a great bike for smooth single track and fire roads it is my first choice since I don't do hardtails anymore.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.