Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for suggestion for rack that takes advantage of the braze ons for the Farley. All I see are racks that are for 26" bikes nothing 27.5" 2019 Farley specific on the trek site that I can see either

·
Fatbiker Fatbiking
1,451 Posts
Surly Nice rear rack should do you fine with those braze-on's. Nice, powdercoated steel rack with stainless rack stays. I utilize two of these rear racks for my Specialized Fatboy, for both front and rear.

Old Man Mountain was bought out by The Robert Axle Project and they are currently reorganizing that aspect of their business as of this post.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,008 Posts
Tubus Fat Bike Rack was the only thing I could find that would clear the big J5 tires. It is rock solid.

·
roots, rocks, rhythm
814 Posts
Tubas is what I used.
Solid rack!

·
Registered
678 Posts
I put a Blackburn Outpost on my 7. I had a post about it but can't find it.

I had to modify it but it's super solid. rack.jpg

Basically I had to fip the top of the rack around and cut off the plate that hangs down to hold a tail light etc. I can't remember what the heck the other things I did. Maybe it will come to me.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Here are some more close up pictures of my Salsa Alternator rack. The tyre is the Bontrager Barbegazi 4.7 , there is plenty of space left for a wider/bigger tyre.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Really late in the update, but I went with the Salsa Alternator rack...Good fit, thanks for the recommendation. I cut up a Krazy Karpet, used some grommets and zipties to fill in the holes. I use 10L Frogg Togg dry sacks held in place with Delta Cycle Cargo Nets. Muck less expensive than a typical pannier, and multi use as I can use it on the Kayaks. Works great. I purchased an Ibera Pak Rak for my Daily Commuter (Norco Bigfoot) I think that would have been good on the Farley too.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Really late in the update, but I went with the Salsa Alternator rack...Good fit, thanks for the recommendation. I cut up a Krazy Karpet, used some grommets and zipties to fill in the holes. I use 10L Frogg Togg dry sacks held in place with Delta Cycle Cargo Nets. Muck less expensive than a typical pannier, and multi use as I can use it on the Kayaks. Works great. I purchased an Ibera Pak Rak for my Daily Commuter (Norco Bigfoot) I think that would have been good on the Farley too.
Just ordered an second hand alternator for my Farley, but doesn't come with hardware. is that seat post collar originally included with the rack?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Here are some more close up pictures of my Salsa Alternator rack. The tyre is the Bontrager Barbegazi 4.7 , there is plenty of space left for a wider/bigger tyre.

Sorry I had to resurrect this thread.
What size Alternator rack is yours? I just bought the widest one but its about 1 cm wider on each side. Did you just pinch it together and install it? The instructions allow 10 mm total for that and I have about 20 mm. The next size down would not clear the tires.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts