Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a rear mudguard for a 5 spot. I've got a seatpost mounted Crud Guard but it is a mile from the wheel and looks daft - is there one that fits closer to the wheel, say mounted on the seat stays just behind the rocker pivot?

It's an 08 so no V brake mounts.

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
Serious Humour said:
Can anyone recommend a rear mudguard for a 5 spot. I've got a seatpost mounted Crud Guard but it is a mile from the wheel and looks daft - is there one that fits closer to the wheel, say mounted on the seat stays just behind the rocker pivot?
ya mean like this? made it from a large tide bottle. should fit almost as well on a rocker bike if ya used the smaller sized (xc?) bottle.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
cactuscorn said:
ya mean like this? made it from a large tide bottle. should fit almost as well on a rocker bike if ya used the smaller sized (xc?) bottle.
Thats the most effective mud-guard I've ever seen! Even your tires are spotless.

Nice bike! I almost thought it was a huffy, with those full length cable housings.

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
i treat em with wd40 before installin them. they saw a ride in the springs, another on the goose and a weekend of dh so tey is pretty dern new. the fender has yet to be tested but id say is stiff and sound enough to do the job. cheap too!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts