Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I was wondering if anyone can help.

i was to buy my partner a new rear hub for his bike but very confused. I want it to be a surprise for Christmas so don’t want to ask him.

he has a voodoo canzo 2020 full suspension. And hasn’t changed nothing on it as of yet. I know he wants the hope brand but can anyone tell me exactly which one will fit please? I’m confused over the Different ones as in SPline ect.

thankyou in advance

·
Magically Delicious
9,236 Posts
According to the specifications, those hubs are 110 mm front and 148 mm rear.

Are you or him or someone else gonna build up the new wheels with the new hopes, or do you plan to buy a complete wheel set?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thankyou for replying clearedtoland. I believe he plans to build new wheels with the hopes. Would you recommend buying a wheel set?

i did try to call hope customer service to ask for help and the lady suggested 135mm rear hub! Then somebody else suggested 157.5 hub. He would love something for his bike as a present. There’s nothing he adores more but I’m so confused I’m starting to give up with the idea 😞

·
Magically Delicious
9,236 Posts
Before you buy anything, I would suggest you validate all of the correct information that you'll need, but the link below is the Voo Doo bike maker. This bike has a Quick Release (QR) rear skewer, not a thru-axle. The front fork/hub uses a 15mm thru-axle.

He has 27.5" wheels and tires and there are too many variables to suggest a rim/wheelset. Budget, riding style, terrain, etc.

Below is the link below to the manufacturer:

https://6ad11a77-3fe0-4468-a698-03c43b5c4130.filesusr.com/ugd/607f97_31f52b2dd7f8444cbe9b7c4fbb2066ee.pdf

·
Registered
9,739 Posts
Yeah. In general I think it's pretty tough buying something for and avid cyclist. They're generally very picky (sometimes vain) and there's can be a lot of tech deets involved. My wife gave up trying to buy me gifts a long time ago.

·
Registered
9,739 Posts
Yeah. In general I think it's pretty tough buying something for an avid cyclist. They're generally very picky (sometimes vain) and there's can be a lot of tech deets involved. My wife gave up trying to buy me gifts a long time ago.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
... just get a gift certificate at a big online store like chain reaction cycles
+1

Get a certificate from any place that sells Hope products. Online is probably your best bet for price and availability.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts