Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know if the fox dpx2 cause rear end of bike to bounce.

I test drop the bike by holding up rear end for a foot.

The bike bounce up ona down instead of sticking to the ground like push coil.

Is this common occurrence for air shock?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
adjust your rebound settings and bring your tire pressure in line. Shocks perform largely the same, especially with the very un-scientific and sorta pointless test you're talking about. The difference between shocks really becomes aparent during riding conditions, this is true in one air shock to another (tunes and condition) and air shock vs coil shock.

Ride the bike... if something doesn't feel right, then start making changes and checking things over 1 thing at a time. Don't go creating or looking for problems to solve. They will find you.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I want to know if the fox dpx2 cause rear end of bike to bounce.

I test drop the bike by holding up rear end for a foot.

The bike bounce up ona down instead of sticking to the ground like push coil.

Is this common occurrence for air shock?

its just air. Its not so sensitive off the top as coil. Also bushing tightness makes huge difference. Just dont bother.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Seriously? again? we just had one of these posts a few days ago.

Completely arbitrary and means nothing. Unless your rides consist of dismounting the bike and dropping the rear end on trail obstacles then I take it back.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was just comparing the air shock to the push 11 shock.

Another rider showed me how the push performed over 1 foot drop. The coil absorbed the drop better than air shock

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.