Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
since 4/10/2009
30,221 Posts
I dunno what you expect to gain from knowing what it is (or, was).

It's been treated very badly and most of the parts on it are trash at this point.

There's nothing you can do to it at this point that will make the brand and model matter. If you need a derailleur hanger for it, you will probably have to match it up to a picture of derailleur hangers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Harold, i was trying to identify the frame for restoration purposes. Have read a lot of forums regarding frame design, Serial numbers but no luck. so just want to know if it's possible to identify via dropout. Thanks for the inputs.

·
since 4/10/2009
30,221 Posts
@Harold, i was trying to identify the frame for restoration purposes. Have read a lot of forums regarding frame design, Serial numbers but no luck. so just want to know if it's possible to identify via dropout. Thanks for the inputs.
You're not going to get those answers in a Beginners forum. I'm going to move this discussion now that I see what you have and know what you want.

But still, you don't need to know what it is.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You're not going to get those answers in a Beginners forum. I'm going to move this discussion now that I see what you have and know what you want.

But still, you don't need to know what it is.
Copy. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
That bike is in really bad shape. You should make a spread sheet with the parts you need and their cost before you go too far.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts