Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to install rear discs on my older Trek Y-bike frames, but of course the rear triangle has no caliper mtg tabs. I have seen a couple of rigs out there, but would like to hear the skinny from any that have actually used them.

One style looks like it uses a long arm to come up and attach at the v-brake boss to counter torque force of the caliper. This looks pretty stout, but pretty heavy
anotehr type is smaller, looks like the wheel skewer goes thru it and calmps it to the frame. This does not look like a 'fitz-all' and must be frame specific?

Any help would be appreciated, I just don't want to give up my old rides !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks

·
Banned
462 Posts
for the price of those doohickies you're half way to a new frame. (or a good used one form ebay) I had the choice back a few months back and decided it wasn't worth it. They're ugly and add weight to your bike.

I would just stick it out with your V brakes for now and save up for a new frame.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.