Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a problem with my rear derailluer cable housing. where it goes through the cable stop on the top tube. Actually, they are not stops, it seems to be a pass through for the cable. but it wears out the cable housing were it rubs during suspension travel. does anyone do anything else to fix this. it is an 09 asr. I was thinking of making some sleeves so they could be used as stops.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Not sure if this will solve your problem, but Yeti (and im sure other manufacturers) sell some cable protectors on their site. They are designed to keep the cables from rubbing on parts of the frame. I just ordered myself a set (pack of 3)

Here is a link
http://store.yeticycles.com/store/show_product/341

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got some alloy pieces from my lbs. i will see if i can find a pic to up load. they cost me 45c each.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here they are. They are Jagwire pn# CHA013. They are specified as Cable Guide Stopper (Converts Open Loops to a Frame Stop). 1 problem is that they are for 5mm cables but i just put a small peice of heat shrink tubing on it . I rode sunday and it worked flawless.

I also uploaded 2 pics of them on my bike. I think it looks clean.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Spoke to yeti, it's supposed to be one continuious piece of housing from the shifter to the rear swing arm. So no ferrules on the top tube.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
I've seen those guide-to-stop adapter things, I just can't for the life of me understand why you'd want to do that. Shifting too good, and you just want your cables dirty? Such a weight weenie that you're willing to add 10g of stops to save 8g of housing? Like getting your leg hair in cables?

I just can't see an advantage to this.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, here is the long reasoning:

I had a problem with the cable housing getting worn were the housing passes through the housing guide. I happened on the back side of the housing were it was not exposed to my eyes and caused the cable to rub on the frame. And before you go and say i should check that, This shouldn't be an issue. Thats why I did what i did. I serves a purpose. Im not a weight weenie. It also rubbed the paint off and and made the frame look like crap. I love my Yeti and will not bash it or the company, they build bad-ass bikes but this should not happen. Thats why.

So to anyone else who has a problem with what i did then don't open this thread or __________AYHSMB!!!!!!!!!

sincerly
Mike
:D

·
EDR
10,119 Posts
For those of us who didn't actually have a "problem" with what you did, but rather were inquiring as to why you did what you did, do we too, still have to suck balls? (it's too late for me to not open this thread)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
eatdrinkride said:
For those of us who didn't actually have a "problem" with what you did, but rather were inquiring as to why you did what you did, do we too, still have to suck balls? (it's too late for me to not open this thread)
:D funny!!

I hope there is enough info for any one to do this mod if they feel the need to, as its working out well for ME.

·
Bike Addiction
763 Posts
I had to go to the Urban dictionary for that one. "AYHSMB"
I must live a sheltered life.

·
Linoleum Knife
3,323 Posts
iwantalitebike said:
:D funny!!

I hope there is enough info for any one to do this mod if they feel the need to, as its working out well for ME.
I'm subscribing to this thread to see what you come up with to get around full housing on the Hydraulic disc brakes.

·
Bike Addiction
763 Posts
ROLF....RAOTFLMAO.....ROFLMAO..... oh never mind. Rolling around on the floor laughing my ass off.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts