Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a gt outpost and i snapped the rear derailuer bracket off but they dont make it no more or at least i cant find anyone that sells it does anyone now of anybody that sells it? if not than my friend can make it on a laser cutter and cnc machine. but it would be so much easier if someone actually made it already.
brad

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
2 options

zx222001 said:
i have a gt outpost and i snapped the rear derailuer bracket off but they dont make it no more or at least i cant find anyone that sells it does anyone now of anybody that sells it? if not than my friend can make it on a laser cutter and cnc machine. but it would be so much easier if someone actually made it already.
brad
No lazer yet in my shop, but I have made very nice derailleur hangers using my dremel tool. Start with the steel hanger that is used to attach the rear derailleur to every bike on the planet that sells for under $200, then fine-tune the shape to fit your frame.
Plan B is to just use one of those bolt-on hangers as-is, using the quick release or rear axle nut to hold it in place. Look at any cheap bike to see how it works.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts