Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I am looking into buying a new rear derailleur for a 2002 Rocky Mountain Switch. I was just wondering what you guys recommend. My derailleur now is a Shimano Deore and had some problems with it and need to buy a new one. What do you think? I mainly do downhill riding and ride it pretty hard and fast.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
BIGfatED said:
Do away with the traditional drivetrain, and buy a Rholoff Speedhub.....no more derailleur issues. No need to thank me.
I guess it can't hurt to mention that idea. Still, I don't think most people looking to replace a Deore level derailleur are going to jump at the idea of a new $1400 drivetrain

·
I Have Cookies
2,644 Posts
boomn said:
I guess it can't hurt to mention that idea. Still, I don't think most people looking to replace a Deore level derailleur are going to jump at the idea of a new $1400 drivetrain
lol....yah! I second the SLX !

·
Registered
927 Posts
boomn said:
Very valid point. I just like to put the thought into peoples head, that there are other options. Also, not all IGH's are as much as the Rohloff, just sayin'.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Are you sure the derailleur is the issue?

Are you sure your derailleur is trashed? Unless it's obviously sloppy, bent, or broken, you should check out the other issues that can cause troubles..bent hangar, bad cable/housing, messed up shifter, etc....Maybe you already have tried everything?

I can make you a good deal on a XTR derailleur (I think it's an '04) and a set of new SLX shifters, or used but great shape XT triggers...

$100 for either shifter set and the derailleur (it's in great shape, a few scuffs, but otherwise perfect)..NEVERMIND...SOLD THEM LAST NIGHT.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.