Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
The Sram deraillleurs can be hit or miss depending on the derailleur hanger. I have a X1 with a 44t and the b screw is pretty close to the end. I would think a 46 would just about bottom out the screw. I have a Shimano XT on another bike with a 46t. That b screw has plenty of thread showing.

·
Registered
879 Posts
The Sram deraillleurs can be hit or miss depending on the derailleur hanger.
Interesting!
On my hardtail with the 46t I have plenty of B-screw left.

I used the Eagle tool to adjust the B-screw.
Yeah I know it's made for the Eagle stuff, but this tool works great on other drivetrains too.
You just have to middle it out and it works.

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
The first pic is of a SRAM X1 on an Evil Following with the OneUp 44T on an X01 cassette. The B screw is pretty close to the end. With a 46T...it'll be pretty close to bottoming out. I also used the Eagle tool to set my B gap. I did it with my rear suspension sagged.

Second pic is an XT with a ZTTO 11-46 on a Banshee Spitfire. The b screw has plenty of thread to go. It'll go to 50.

The XT was also less finicky to set up...but the SRAM does have lighter action once dialed in though.

Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle tire Bicycle part Bicycle accessory Bicycle drivetrain part

Iron Gear Circle Bicycle drivetrain part Chain

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.