Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put new shifters on my ride and ran new cables, the jockey wheel is not lining up with the smallest cog.what do i need to adjust? I thought maybe it was the limit screws but i dont think thats the problem. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
If the indexing is correct in all other cogs except the smallest cog, it sounds like a limit screw problem. Are you sure you played with the correct limit screw, the one marked 'H'?

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Loosen the cable a bit when it's on the next to smallest cog. You're supposed to set your limit screws before you set anything else and all they're designed to do is make sure the chain doesn't go too far either up or down. If it won't go onto the smallest cog your cable is restricting it.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Loosen the cable so there's no tension. Then adjust limit screws properly. Retension cable and adjust accordingly. Or, you can follow the attached directions from Park Tools
repair site...
http://www.parktool.com/repair/readhowto.asp?id=64
fred3 said:
Loosen the cable a bit when it's on the next to smallest cog. You're supposed to set your limit screws before you set anything else and all they're designed to do is make sure the chain doesn't go too far either up or down. If it won't go onto the smallest cog your cable is restricting it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.