Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
bike rider
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know those black cylindrical shims that go betwee the rear brake hose and the tubing guilds riveted to the top tube? It will take a few days to get them but I want to get my brake set up so I can ride. Do they have a slit so they can be put around the hose later or must they be slid into place on the hose before the Olive/barb, couplings are installed?

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Lelandjt said:
You know those black cylindrical shims that go betwee the rear brake hose and the tubing guilds riveted to the top tube? It will take a few days to get them but I want to get my brake set up so I can ride. Do they have a slit so they can be put around the hose later or must they be slid into place on the hose before the Olive/barb, couplings are installed?
i didn't even use mine. i used a small piece of rubber tubing around hose and wedged it in. might be a double layer....i forgot. point is you can take a small piece of rubber and wedge it with that. the plastic piece you are referring to kind of "bites" into the hose. i was looking to avoid that

mx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.