Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Looks like the right adapter as long as the Jabber is an ISO and not PM mount. The 74mm is standard and the wire is probably safety wire that goes through the mounting hardware so they dont spin out if they come loose. Usually optional.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
XTR mount is twice the price - the normal one's don't seem to come with the wire.

Shimano Disc Brake Adapters | Backcountry.com

Cool info on that page:
The Shimano adapters all have a model number that starts with SM. The Mount Adapter acronym is MA. Front brake is F. Rear brake is R. Rotor Size is 140, 160, 180, or 203. Caliper Mount Type will be S for ISO/International A, and P will represent Post. And the last letter will be for the frame or fork mount type: S for ISO/A, P for Post, B for Boxxer, Z for Marzocchi 20mm Axle as well as QR20Plus and DH ISO. Thus an adapter that reads SM-MA-F-203S/P is Shimano Small Parts Mount Adapter Front 203mm Rotor with ISO caliper on a Post type fork.

·
the flerg
80 Posts
Looks like OP found what he was looking for and with this good feedback I'm wondering if any one knows where to find an adaptor for a post to post for a 180 rotor. All I can find is a P/S and I think I need a R180 P/P. This is for an XTR 180 caliper brake going onto a Specialized Enduro 29.

·
the flerg
80 Posts
No so unusual anymore. Check out the Enduro 29 from Specialized. It comes with an adaptor for Avid for 180 but it doesnt work for Shimano. Thanks for the reply thought. I called Shimano today and got the part number but it looks like a Front adapter number, not rear and it took him 15 minutes to find it to which he said "I think this should work"

ISMMA90F180PPC F180 looks like Front to me. Next I called Passion Trail bikes in Belmont CA and he said I could use a front 180 to fit the rear, maybe this is consistent with the part number. Hope so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts